Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It's the little things....

It's really amazing how much of a difference the little unexpected things can make. This morning I had to take my car in for her annual exam (similar to my own, I suspect - they hoist her up and poke around her undercarriage and check the vital signs). My car dealer recently moved to a new location, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I did know that I had a two-hour wait for my car, so I was prepared. I brought my Christmas cards along so I could kill some time by getting them all addressed. At least THAT would be done.....


I was STUNNED by the new waiting area. First, they had several new comfy chairs. Then they had added a couple of small tables and chairs (so people like me would have a place to work). On one wall there was a large flat-panel television (Tyra looked so CLEAR!). They had free coffee and cocoa and juice and treats. I could have just set up camp there for the day - I was all set. But the best thing was ------ FREE CHAIR MASSAGE!! That's right, on Tuesdays they offer free chair massages for their customers who choose to wait for their cars. How great is that? I never would have expected such a treat on a rainy Tuesday, but the thoughtfulness of my car dealership made my whole day. It was wonderful -- I got my work done, I got cappuccino and Cracker Jacks, I got to watch Tyra on a big screen, and I got a free 30-minute massage.


Life is good. ....next time, though, I'm going to make my appointment for a Wednesday. The massage was great, but Wednesday is free MANICURE day. Sweet.

No comments: