Wednesday, April 4, 2007

It’s our anniversary!


Today my darling husband and I have been married for 20 years. I can still remember so much about that day that it can’t possibly have been that long ago. I can remember looking out the church window and seeing him arriving, wearing tennis shoes with his tux, and sending a bridesmaid out just to make sure he had the “real” shoes. (Yes, I’ve always been the control freak). I remember not being nervous at all – right up until the second the Wedding March started. Then it was like I’d forgotten how to breathe. I remember every step walking down the aisle to him, and every step walking back as his wife. I remember the song he wrote (and sang) just for the wedding – how I was holding myself together pretty well until he finished and handed me a rose out of his guitar case… thank heaven for waterproof mascara!

Marrying this man has been the single best thing I have ever done in my life. I’m still not sure how it was that fate or God or the Universe managed to get us together, but I will be forever grateful. This man loves me unceasingly. He loves the things about me that I don’t like. He loves me even when I feel unlovable. He loves me when I soar, and when I crash helpless back to Earth. He spoils me shamelessly, and always makes me believe I deserve it..….

I’m not sure what I ever did to deserve him, but I know I try every day to prove to him that I do! Here’s to the next 20 years!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Di & James!

It truly has been 20 years! And it is always wonderful to see you two together. The feelings that you expressed here are evident to every one that is around you.

It has been quite a journey and, having watched you both since the day you met, it has been always fun!

Love you!
Mel