Sunday, November 12, 2006

a man may work from sun to sun....

....but a woman's work is never done!

This morning I was up before 6:00 (not by choice, but SOMEONE was snoring and I couldn't sleep). I checked e-mail for a bit, then straightened up the living room and den, got myself some coffee, got dressed and fixed my hair and makeup, baked coffee cake for the "boys", washed dishes, cleaned up the kitchen, and brought in and sorted the paper. After everyone ate I re-tidied everything I'd already done once and then read the paper (and clipped the interesting coupons). I'm about ready for a nap, while everyone else is still thinking about having a shower.

Some people would call not having a paying job "taking a break," but I've never worked so hard in my life.... or loved it so much.

The coffee cake, by the way, is a HUGE hit (remember the stuff your grandma used to make).

Bisquick Coffee Cake: Betty Crocker

Heat oven to 375°F. Bake 18-22 minutes

Cinnamon Streusel Topping:
2/3 cup Original Bisquick® mix
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter (firm)
Mix all ingredients in small bowl with pastry blender (or knife and fork) until crumbly.

Coffee Cake:
2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg

Directions:
Make Cinnamon Streusel and set aside.
In a separate bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended.
Mix in a 1/4 of the Streusel topping and pour into in pan.
Top with all the remaining Cinnamon Streusel.
Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown, testing with a toothpick.

No comments: